Trying this out

So here I am trying out blogging.  Not sure anyone would ever be interested in my ramblings, but it can't hurt, right?  I'll start by talking about the name I chose for my blog.  Several years ago, Peter Lord came to the church I was attending.  He spoke for three days and covered alot of great information, but the one thing he said that stuck with me to this day was that he was "Blessed and then some."  People ask you how you are, as a matter of habit usually not interest, every time you say, "Hi."  And, equally out of habit, I usually reply "Fine," or, "Alright."  In my head I know I'm lying because I don't feel fine.  I'm tired, stressed, overwhelmed, anything but "Fine."  On the other hand though, I don't want to complain.  Most of the time I know that the person I'm talking to has just as much, if not more, going on in their life.  So, when Peter Lord shared this phrase with me it stuck.  No matter where I'm at or what's going on in the moment, I know that I'm blessed.  I'm blessed beyond all imagination.  I'm relatively healthy, my children and husband are too.  We have a comfortable home and we never go hungry out of lack of food.  God has provided for our every need, and most of our comforts too.  The fact is, how I feel doesn't always accurately reflect how I am.  Even if I haven't had my coffee, or one of the children is throwing a fit, or I just burned dinner; I am blessed... and then some.

Comments